JOEL MAGNUSON, Ph.D. is writer and affiliated professor of economics at Portland State University, Portland, Oregon, USA. He is the author of several books including:
- Mindful Economics: How the U.S. Economy Works, Why it Matters, and How It Could Be Different (Seven Stories Press, 2008)
- The Approaching Great Transformation: Toward a Livable Post-Carbon Economy (Seven Stories Press, 2013)
- From Greed to Wellbeing: A Buddhist Approach to Resolving our Economic and Financial Crises (University of Bristol Press/Policy Press, 2016)
- Financing the Apocalypse: Drivers for Economic and Political Instability (Palgrave Macmillan, 2019)
- The Dharma and Socially Engaged Buddhist Economics (Palgrave Macmillan, 2022)
He has also published numerous articles in journals and anthologies in North America, Europe, and Asia.