- This event has passed.
Buddhist Values in Business and Its Potential for Europe
November 24, 2012 - November 25, 2012$100
‘Buddhist Values in Business and its Potential for Europe’ is a unique and engaging international workshop to be held in Brussels (Belgium) on 24-25 November 2012.
This small and highly participatory gathering will allow participants to:
- explore, discuss and agree on key characteristics of profitable business enterprises aligned with Buddhist values;
- recommend business models and policy changes to support the development of such enterprises in Europe;
- put the idea/culture of Buddhist Business Management on the public agenda; and
- form a working group to advance the agenda of Buddhist Values in Entrepreneurship.
A few experts who are scheduled to inspire, contribute or facilitate at the workshop:
- Bart Weetjens, social entrepreneur and Zen Buddhist teacher, APOPO, Tanzania
- Karma Ura, Director, Centre for Bhutan Studies, Thimphu
- Prof. Laszlo Zsolnai, Director, Business Ethics Center, Corvinus University Budapest and founder of Buddhist Economics Research Platform
- Dr. Karma Phuntsho, Research Associate in Department of Social Anthropology, Cambridge and Founder and Director of the Loden Foundation, Bhutan
- Joel Magnuson, Ph.D., professor of economics in Portland, Oregon, USA. Internationally recognized economist specializing in non-orthodox approaches to political economy.
- Zoltan Valcsicsak, founder of The Social Profit Maker; president of the Hungarian Bhutan Friendship Society
- Entrepreneurs, policy makers, academics, students